Total Fat: 3g (0.5g saturated; 0g trans)
Enriched with vitamins and minerals:
I had high hopes for these puffs. I had read several positive reviews from well-known bloggers. Later I learned that the formula was changed, and many of the reviews covered the old version of the puffs.
This seems to be Medifast’s formula for these puffs:
1. Make the “puffs” dense and unpuff-like
2. Coat in a minuscule amount of cheese flavor…just enough to make the first time taste-tester think she will bite into cheesy goodness.
3. Layer on heavy, spicy chili seasoning to overpower all other flavors.
4. Minimize the savory and the salt so that it is barely perceptable.
The first time I tried these I was so depressed that I paid $18.75 for 7 bags of food I never wanted to eat again. I went ahead and tried these again to refresh my memory on exactly how they tasted. Surprisingly, they were slightly better the second time. This can probably be attributed to me being on this diet for much longer and having become accustomed to the food. Even though it was better, it still wasn’t good.
Now for the positives:
1. There are a lot of puffs. (This could also be a negative since, for me, it’s hard to make myself eat the whole bag.)
2. They are high in potassium.
3. They have the good ratio of carbs to protein as well as being fortified with vitamins and minerals.
No matter how many good aspects there are to this meal replacement, taste comes first for me. These just don’t cut it!
Now, if I’m looking for a salty snack, I tend to go for Wonderslim’s Protein Pretzel Twists. I like that they are pretty bland on their own, and I can use gourmet mustard to liven them up. I also enjoy Kay’s Protein Snacks – Sweet Barbecue Mix and Ostrim Jerkee – Teriyaki. I also liked Medifast’s Honey Mustard Pretzel sticks but have not ordered them again since I prefer their Cinnamon Pretzel Sticks more. I tend to be more of a sweets gal, so I don’t require a whole lot of options for the savory/salty category.
If you’d love to see more reviews coming, help support me by using my referral link at Diet Direct (my favorite), Bariatric Choice, and/or Wonderslim. These links will allow new users to immediately earn $20 to spend on low carb/high protein food. I will also get $20 to keep buying my favorites and trying out new food to review!